Sunday, December 15, 2013

Peek at my Week 12/15

The week before break....sigh. The behavior....sigh. These babies just do not do well with changes in their schedule. It's partially my fault. I've made them creatures of habit, and being out of their routine is a big fat no-no for them!

But anyway, we had a fantastic last week learning about Hanukkah and Kwanzaa (didn't quite get to Diwali, we'll hit it after break!). I have a post all ready to go to talk about all of the holiday fun we've had at the end of the week :) This week, we are going to finish Kwanzaa, and learn about Las Posadas and Christmas! My kiddos have really enjoyed learning about the different traditions.

We are still working on really hitting the sight words hard. Have you seen the Have Fun Teaching songs for sight words? They are awesome! I used them for letters and now sight words. I totally get that best practice is for students to experience sight words in their reading BUT some repetitive practice is necessary too!!

And this Harry Kindergarten sight word rap is so cute! It is introducing a lot of sight words at the same time, but it is also a fun, engaging transition song!



I am going to start playing this song as a transition into our reading block! We are going to be learning a bunch of new sight word games this week.

We will also be focusing on subtraction! We will be doing a lot of story problems in our math journals to practice.

Lots going on this week, so here is a Peek at my Week!





Have a great last week before break!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for recommending the Harry Kindergarten Sight Word Song. I also use his alphabet songs. I have also used his skip counting ones.

Jeremy @ Mr. Michelbook's Classroom

 
Pin It button on image hover