Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Made-It!

I am such a Pinterest fanatic and I make stuff that I see all the time, but for some reason, I have never linked up! So today, I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for...


So what did I make? Quite a few things :) It's too cold to lay out by the pool today. Boo!

Monday Made-It #1
I was inspired by this pin that I found from Rockabye Butterfly.


I bought myself Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations book and have been stalking the blogs that reviewed her book and I love her! One of the biggest things she stresses in her books are allowing the students the opportunity to practice using math language in a correct and meaningful way. After seeing this pin, I knew that I had to make something like this for my baby kindergartners next year! AHH! I still can't believe I left last year with 3rd graders and am going to be starting with preschoolers!

So I decided to make something like this for my kinders to use at a math station to practice counting and one to one correspondence. And of course, I will give it to you for free :) However, I differentiated it further because as we all know, no 2 children are ever ready to learn the same thing at the same time!

The first set of cards has a lot of scaffolds. The child is given a colored word as well as the correct amount of dots. This is great for self-correction.


The second set only includes the scaffold of the colored words.



The last set has no scaffolds and will allow you to see if your students are able to read the prompt, understand the color word and correctly count.



You can get your counting bear activity cards on GoogleDrive here!

Monday Made-It #2
This was a BIG one! I found this pin from Sarah at YeeHaw Teaching in Texas and absolutely FELL IN LOVE with this idea!



This teacher made a big book about herself and it is adorable! She has pages for everything that a child would want to know about you :) I knew that I wanted to make this put I also knew that it was going to take FOREVER.

It kind of made me laugh to read Sarah's post about how she's OCD and had to buy pre-cut half poster board. It must be a "Sarah" thing because I am the same way! I knew this was going to be a big undertaking for me because it had to be perfect!

So I started by going through about 20 of my mother's photo albums to find good pictures of me! Besides the pictures, you need:
  • Half sheets of poster board (Wal-Mart) ($3)
  • Colored cardstock (Michael's) ($5)
  • Cut-out letters (Dollar Tree) ($1)
  • Lots of printer ink! (?$$$)
  • Pictures
Oh wow! I knew this was going to take forever but I had no idea! There is no way I'm going to finish this tonight but....this is some of the progress so far :)

This is me getting started:

 
 


 I found pictures, awards, writing samples, art projects, etc. to put into my book!

These are the pages that are done so far!

 
 Since I am teaching kindergarten this year, I am fairly certain that my name will be shortened to Miss M!

 
I also made the table of contents. I decided to include on of my art projects that I did in 3rd grade!
 

 
This is my childhood page. I included pictures of me and my family!

 
This page is my favorite so far...my favorite books page! I will be reading every one of these stories to my students this year.
 
So I guess I 1 and 1/2 made it today :) I'll post about the finished product when I actually finish it!
 Enjoy your Monday!
 
Sarah
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! I just found your blog on Monday Made It! I've seen the All About My Teacher pins floating around Pinterest, but I am not sure that will be a project I get done this year. Keep us updated on your progress.
Meghan
First Grade Hugs and High Fives

Mrs. Jones Teaches said...

I've seen the all about me pins too and think, each summer, that ill make one. Maybe this will be the summer. Love what you've done so far!

<a href="http://mrsjonesteaches.blogspot.com>Mrs. Jones Teaches</a> :o)

 
Pin It button on image hover