Sunday, July 24, 2011

My first classroom!

I just had a very exciting day! I got to go to my classroom for the first time and oh my gosh do I have a lot of work to do! I am one of the luckiest girls in the world because the old first grade teacher left me everything! (She moved to a principal position) However, it looks like when they waxed the floors, they just shoved everything into the closet and on the shelves for me to deal with later!

Well, later is now and I need help! I don't want to spend a ton of money on storage bins/boxes, but I would also rather spend the money to get good stuff that will last me a while. I went to Target today and got some awesome, colorful, crates that I am going to use to store some of my math manipulatives and my student's readers.


But I am looking to get book bins for my classroom library to organize my books, and I can't seem to find bins/crates/boxes that are strong enough to withstand a first grade class and the right size and height. Does anyone have any suggestions?


Here are some before pictures of my classroom. It is a completely blank slate, so I can pretty much do anything with it!





As soon as I have made any progress, I'll be sure to share! I have A LOT of work to do though :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover